Tuesday, March 11, 2008

haikus for everyone...

11:30 on a Monday morning...am neck-deep in work resolving issues, when i get a message from hema - 'Hey, can u send some haikus within the next half hour...I forgot to do my assignment'...I read the message, and do what any conscientious employee would do...immediately bang out some haikus, and also enlist my colleagues' help...the phantom ship one is my colleague's, the nonsensical ones are mine...

spring is (nearly) here,
the green leaves, pretty flowers,
farewell, to the snow

obama inspires,
hill perspires,as does the Mac
do the people care?

drunk, high, at bleeker
and macdougal, with my friends
yet another weekend


Phantom ship moves through
waters hushed in mist. Foghorns
question the darkness.

Standing on the edge
Thinking about life, morose
Sadness surrounds me

I'm running around
the whole day, towards something...
or away from it?

2 comments:

Nothing Spectacular said...

soft clicks of a keyboard
and muted good mornings in cubicles.
sensuous aroma of coffee

Nothing Spectacular said...

bright sunshine and heat
sweat pouring off eyebrows. a quiet songbird chirps
in a silent moment